20 ways in which you’ve wronged your 4 year old
My daughter has a ‘butter won’t melt look’ about her most of the time and, I’ll give her her dues, she is a damn good negotiator when it comes to trying to get her way. But sometimes things don’t quite work out as she planned and when this happens you can be guaranteed that you will get the disappointed look below and the there will be a ‘The world has ended’ style tantrum. It doesn’t matter where we are or who we’re with, the tantrum will happen over the tiniest thing.
Just to keep myself slightly sane through these moments I decided to record the reasons the shit hit the fan in my daughters world. Of course, they are all entirely legitimate and worth the energy usage for all involved.
Below are some of the reasons:
- There wasn’t enough milk with her Cheerios
- *tops up milk and finishes cheerios* There was too much milk with the Cheerios.
- Her dress was long sleeved.
- Her pink tights weren’t washed.
- She’s tired. (Because she woke up at 6am)
- There was a stone in her shoe (there wasn’t).
- I gave her 2 biscuits, not 3.
- I gave her 8 raspberries, not 6.
- Her cucumber was cut in slices, not sticks.
- Her lemonade was too lemony (damn you San Pellegrino)
- I wouldn’t let her use the drill by herself.
- I couldn’t rewind Miffy because we’d only just turned the tv on.
- I wouldn’t play the most boring board game ever with her for the 300th time that day.
- I couldn’t carry her because I had a dog attached to a lead in one hand and shopping in the other.
- It started to rain (obviously my fault).
- I didn’t participate in the race down the path (because I hadn’t been told it was happening).
- I wouldn’t let her walk into the road by herself.
- She dropped her teddy and it got muddy.
- I wouldn’t buy her the kinder surprise egg AND the Frozen surprise egg.
- I wouldn’t let her watch Family Guy when she woke up and came downstairs.
As you can see, I am obviously a complete bitch of a parent.
I could go on but I’m exhausted just writing about them! These were also mostly from a 48 hour period! Please let me know your child’s (entirely legit) reasons for the world ending in your house in the comments below!