And the award goes to…
Whilst I was posting about my serial dating saga I was nominated for the Liebster Award by lifewifemummyme. Another mummy looking for that elusive work-life balance. She is a new blogger like myself so go ahead and check out her blog here and follow her on twitter @lifewifemummyme, obviously after you’ve followed me @perfectjuggler1! And thank you K!!
I had to ask her what it was about and then thought to read her post about her nomination where it was explained very clearly. I also Googled it just to make sure it was a real thing. It is awarded to bloggers by bloggers. There seems to be variations on a theme but in the parenting blogosphere it seems to be for new bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
The rules are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself,
which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers (May bend this particular rule)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
The questions I was asked…and my answers:
1. Where do you do most blogging from i.e in bed, watching TV, on the loo?
On the sofa with wine, usually after a battle of bedtime wills with my daughter.
2. Do your friends/family know you blog and read them?
A select group of friends (mostly female) read my blog. Some more know about it but have not read it (because I haven’t given them the link) and my family now know about it but only my youngest brother has apparently found and read it.
3. How do you relax?
In an ideal world a massage or facial at my friends salon in a real world…wine, watching crap on Netflix and if ice cream is available so much the better.
4. What do you get from blogging?
I started writing just for my own sanity and a place to vent when I had post natal depression and my marriage was falling to bits but now, as a newish single parent, I have come across so many new experiences that I enjoy sharing them – the good and the bad! It’s also great to find other bloggers who are in the same boat, have similar views, hate the same cbeebies shows…
5. What’s your favourite tipple?
Not that picky but…if out with the girls – cocktails, if in wine or G&Ts.
6. Do you still live in your home town or have you moved and why?
I do still live in the town my family moved to when I was seven and I’ve only just realised how much I love it here and the amazing support I have around me.
7. Favourite food?
That’s such a difficult question – I love most foods! Carrot cake is my answer for today though. With the non-sickly cream cheese frosting on top. My mouth is literally watering!
8. What made you smile today, and what (if anything) made you sad?
My daughter screaming “mummy!!” and leaping into my arms when I picked her up from nursery this evening and hugging her whilst she cried “mummy” and clutched her ear as a second bout of the evil ear infection won against Calpol this evening.
9. Dream holiday destination?
A city break in Barcelona or two weeks in Mexico. (can you tell I’ve been dreaming about sunnier climes this week??)
10. Who would you love to meet and what would you ask them?
I can only think of really superficial people and reasons so other than asking Beyoncé just how she gets that amazing body I have no good answers!
11. Any regrets in life so far?
Not finishing my deferred degree in Advertising when I was young and had the opportunity and parental finances to help me. Instead I got engaged and decided I wanted to stay near him. However, I don’t think there’s much point in having regrets and I’m a big believer in everything happening for a reason (even if it’s not very obvious sometimes!). if I hadn’t got engaged and eventually married then I wouldn’t have had Charlotte and then what would I write about in my blog??
Eleven random facts about me:
1. I would love to go skydiving.
2. I was briefly Bronze medalist in the Warwickshire girls fencing tournament, I think there were only three competitors though!!
3. I have no tattoos…yet!
4. I can’t bear to eat fruit and meat together. No gammon and pineapple, no lamb and apricot tagine and especially no Hawaiian pizza.
5. I can do the splits.
6. Pink is still my favourite colour.
7. Coleslaw is the work of the devil, yet I’d eat all the ingredients separately.
8. I am very competitive.
9. I have a fear of falling off or down things.
10. I’m a stickler for impeccable spelling, grammar and punctuation.
11. I always win at the cereal box game.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers:
@justmeandbean aka Just Me and the Bean
@BeckiAldrich aka LilyBug
(I read lots of blogs but most are very well established so just two fab nominations but please comment below if you are a new blogger and I may add to this!)
…and your questions are…
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What colour are the majority of your knickers?
3. What’s your favourite film ever?
4. What is the song that will lift your mood every time you listen to it?
5. What’s your favourite drink?
6. Where’s the most unusual place you’ve visited?
7. Have you got any tattoos? If so where and what?
8. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
9. Have you met any famous people? If so who?
10. If you had an animal spirit what souks yours be?
11. What colour is your bedroom?